1. Open the BOM template file. To add the columns to the default BOM template, open install_directory \lang\english\Bomtemp.xls.
To create a new BOM template, it is a good idea to make a copy of the default template, then open the copy.
2. Insert a new column where you want the information to appear. The new column must be to the left of the column marked $$END.
3. Enter the column heading for the property you want to display in that column, and
press Enter. The name appears in the Formula Bar in the Excel toolbar. This column heading does not need to match the custom property name.
4. Click the cell to select it, then click Insert, Name, Define and type in the name of the property that you want to appear in this column. This cell name replaces the default alphanumeric cell name that appears in the Name Box in the Excel toolbar whenever you click a cell.
The cell name is listed in the Names in workbook list for the selected cell. This name must match the name of the property from the part or sub-assembly document, and must not contain any spaces.
5. Click Add, then click OK.
When you add a bill of materials to a drawing, it will now include the added column. The cells will be populated with the values of the custom properties of the document, or the values of the configuration specific properties for the item.
NOTE: Do not change the cell names in the Name Box for the default columns in the BOM template. You may change the text in the column heading, but not the cell name.
Copyrightę 2000 by SolidWorks Corporation. All rights reserved.